Traditional Turkish Felt Kece Making Workshops in Istanbul
* Duration: 3 hours (Flexible)
* Location: Sultanahmet / ISTANBUL
* Lesson Teachings: available in English, French, Russian, Turkish
Traditional Turkish Wool Art in Istanbul. Felt is a non-woven cloth that is produced matting, condensing and pressing woollen fibres. While some types of felt are very soft, some are tough enough to form construction materials. Felt can be of any colour, and made into any shape or size.
Many cultures have legends as to the origins of feltmaking. Sumerian legend claims that the secret of feltmaking was discovered Urnamman of Lagash. The story of Saint Clement and Saint Christopher relates that while fleeing from persecution, the men packed their sandals with wool to prevent blisters. At the end of their journey, the movement and sweat had turned the wool into felt socks.
Feltmaking is still practised nomadic peoples in Central Asia and northern parts of East Asia, where rugs, tents and clothing are regularly made. Some of these are traditional items, such as the classic yurt, while others are designed for the tourist market, such as decorated slippers. In the Western world, felt is widely used as a medium for expression in textile art as well as design, where it has significance as an ecological textile.
What is Included ;
* In our lessons, we can teach beginner & advanced level Professional Artists.
* All materials and tools needed for the workshop.
* In the end of the workshop you will have a finished piece of art work.
* Workshop Area, Aprons & Gloves.
* Turkish Tea & Water.